Costs: In 1994 the average cost per month was $40,000.00
Programs to reduce wastewater volume or toxicity:
Reclaimed Water: Reclaimed water is not presently used on
campus but such a system may be included in the future Environmental Science
& Engineering building. Water from Laurel Creek, which passes through
campus, is used for landscaping purposes.
The campus storm water runoff is untreated.
- Closed loop systems of well chillers. All appropriate appliances in
Chemistry, Biology and Earth Sciences are cooled by water that is
recirculated via a closed loop system. In the winter the heat from the
water heats Chemistry 2.
- Increased efficiency in air conditioning
- Efficient recycling system of soft water at Married Students
- Annually maintain toilets using flushometres
- Low flow shower heads in use
- Treatment of water from Graphics Services to remove silver and
sediment due to their use of photochemicals
- Treatment of water from the science departments
RETURN TO CEAR - OUR DATA
By: The Enviro-Base Team (email@example.com)
Last Updated: August 10th,1995