Energy Efficiency Requirements
Key requirements related to Energy Efficiency include the following:
- The C-2000 design must meet the basic requirements of ASHRAE/IES
90.1 and additional C-2000 requirements.
- Certain modifications are made in using ASHRAE/IES 90.1 for
- Compliance of C-2000 designs relative to ASHRAE/IES 90.1 requirements
will be determined through computerized energy simulations.
- The Annual Purchased Energy Cost of C-2000 buildings will
be 50% of ASHRAE 90.1 requirements for office buildings and 55%
for residential buildings.
- The Annual Source Energy Consumption of C-2000 buildings,
where a Source Energy Adjustment Factor of 3.0 is applied for
electricity, will be 50% of ASHRAE 90.1 requirements for both
office buildings and 55% for residential buildings.
- Certain assumptions are made regarding the operation of the
building in carrying out the required performance simulations.
Click Here To Return To Main Document